How To Turn Off/Disable System Sounds Without Muting All Sounds In Windows 7
Recently we showed you how to turn off Windows Startup sound during logon to Windows 7. Now we will show you how to turn off all Windows system related sounds like beeps, click sounds, shutdown sound, low battery alarm, blocked pop-up sound, etc without the need of muting all sounds in your PC. This is especially useful in scenarios like when you are making VOIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol) calls using Skype, Yahoo Messenger etc. In such situation, your friend on phone can hear all your system sounds.
Disable all system sounds without muting all PC sound
1. Right-click in empty area desktop and click “Personalize”.
2. In Personalization window, scroll down and click on “Sounds”.
3. In Sounds tab, click on drop down list arrow in Sound Scheme section and choose “No Sounds” option.
4. Click OK.
That’s it. Now all system related sounds are muted. All other sounds will function normally.
Windows 7 also gives you an option to control system related sounds the way you like.
Control system sounds while communicating
5. Click on “Communications” tab.
Windows can automatically adjust the volume of different sounds when you are making PC calls.
You have option to choose “Mute all other sounds”, “Reduce the volume of other sounds by 80%”, Reduce the volume of other sounds by 50%, and “Do nothing”.
6. Select desired option and click “OK” to save changes.