Fix 0x80070057 Error using Back Up Files in Windows 7
Windows 7 has built-in backup utility that can backup the files and folders along with system settings. But if something is wrong, the backup will refuse to run leading to incomplete backup, which follows with 0x80070057 failure error message. The exact error message seen is :
“An internal error has occurred: The parameter is incorrect: (0x80070057)”
According to Microsoft KBA982736, the problem occurs when decimal symbol is not set to ‘.’ (dot). This is common in languages and locales other than English (United States), such as German (Germany). To fix this problem, follow these steps:
1. Click “Start”—> Control Panel
2. Set the view by as “Category”. Then click on “Clock, Language, and Region.
3. In the “Clock, Language, and Region” settings page, click on “Region and Language”
4. In the “Formats” tab, click on “Additional Settings” button.
5. In “Decimal symbol” section, enter . (dot) as shown in screen-shot below.
6. Click “OK” and save all open dialog boxes.
7. Restart PC
The problem arises due to some third-party programs changing the decimal settings.
That’s it. Windows 7 backup should now run smoothly.