How To Backup And Restore Drivers In Your Windows PC [Easy Way]
Windows Drivers and third-party drivers may become corrupt due to virus attacks, or due to accidental deletion or modification. Hence It’s a good idea to backup all drivers of your Windows PC for future use. We will show you how to view, backup, and restore system drivers using a freeware tool “Double Driver”.
Double Driver is a free portable utility to view, backup, and restore drivers in your PC.
– Download Double Driver from link given at the end of this article.
– Download will be a Zip file. Extract it’s contents and open it.
– Double-click on “dd” exe file.
1. To backup drivers in your PC, click on “Backup”.
5. Click on “Scan Current System” button located at the bottom of programs interface.
6. You can immediately see list of all drivers in your system with details of Version, Date, and Provider.
Double Driver lets you backup drivers based on it’s provider. You can choose of options such as “Non Microsoft” or you can select all drivers for backup.
Click on “Select” drop down arrow and select option as desired. We choose “All”.
7. Now click “Backup Now” button and then select destination where you want to save the backup. Output options include “Structured folder”, “Compressed (zipped) folder”, and “Single file self extract (executable)”. We choose default option “Structured folder”. Click “OK”.
The utility will now backup all your systems drivers. Wait till it completes.
After the process is completed, you can see backed up drivers in the destination you have chosen. Since we choose option “Structured folder”, you can see drivers saved in nicely named folders.
1. When you need to restore the drivers you have backed up earlier, click on “Restore”.
2. The program may ask you to run as “administrator”. Click “Yes”.
3. Click on “Locate Backup” button and then choose the location where you backup drivers.
4. Click “OK”.
The program will now restore all drivers. Wait till the process completes. You may need to restart Windows to complete restoring drivers.
Double Driver works with Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit).