How To Add Recycle Bin To Taskbar In Windows 7
No one likes desktop with icons cluttered everywhere. Maintaining a clean desktop got a lot easier since the launch of Windows Vista. It’s now more easier to maintain a icon free clean desktop in Windows 7. The only icon that remains is “Recycle Bin” icon. We will show you how to get rid of it.
It’s not a good idea to delete Recycle Bin icon from desktop completely. That would make your access to deleted files harder.Other option would be to drag-and-drop recycle icon to taskbar. But that would put the shortcut as “pinned” which means you need extra clicks to access it.
What if you can add the recycle bin to taskbar and still maintain the same functionality? Here is how you can add recycle bin shortcut to taskbar and get rid of it from desktop for a icon free desktop.
1. Right-click on taskbar and select Toolbars—> New toolbar…
2. In the folder field copy paste this path : %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch and then click “Select Folder” button.
3. You can immediately see “Quick Launch”shortcut appearing in the taskbar as shown in screen shot below.
4. Right-click on taskbar and uncheck “Lock the taskbar”. If it is already in unchecked, leave it as it is.
5. Right-click on “Quick Launch” and uncheck “Show Text” and “Show title”.
6. You will then see only icons in quick launch.
7. Make icons larger if needed by right-clicking on quick launch section and selecting View—> Large Icons.
8. Now all you need to do is drag-and-drop Recycle Bin icon from desktop to the Quick Launch area.
9. Remove unwanted icons from Quick Launch by right-clicking on icon and deleting it to make taskbar look tidy. Keep just the “Recycle Bin” icon.
10. Right-click on taskbar and check “Lock the taskbar” item to get rid of dotted pattern on taskbar.
11. That’s it. You now have fully functional recycle bin on taskbar for which you have instant access. No need to minimize all windows, programs for accessing Recycle Bin.
Finally to remove Recycle Bin from desktop, follow these steps:
1. Right-click on empty area of desktop and click “Personalize”.
2. In the “Personalization” window, click on “Change desktop icons” button in the left pane.
3. Uncheck “Recycle Bin” icon and then click “OK”.