How to Turn Off Windows Defender in Windows 7
Windows Defender is a free anti-spyware product shipped along with Windows 7. It protects Windows from spyware, which is a big threat in the internet world. We highly recommend that you use Windows Defender alongside your antivirus and firewall software.
In case you bought a high-rated Internet Security Suite that includes Antivirus, Anti-spyware, and Firewall software, you may see conflicts with Windows Defender. Here is how you disable the Windows Defender.
Here are the steps:
1. Click “Start”—> “Control Panel”.
2. Make sure “View by:” is set to “Large Icons” or “Small Icons”. Scroll down the list and then click on “Windows Defender”.
3. In the Windows Defender interface, click on “Tools”.
4. In the “Tools and Settings” section, click on “Options” link.
5. Clear the check-box “Use this program” and then click “Save” button.
6. You will get confirmation that the program is turned off. Click “Close” button.
That’s it. Windows Defender is now disabled in your PC. You can go ahead and install Internet Security Suite or your desired Antispyware product like Spy Sweeper or Spyware Doctor.