How to enable Telnet in Windows 7
Telnet was a popular protocol that was used for text messaging across a network. It was commonly used for local intranet network. This is seldom used now. However, if you were using it in Windows XP, then you will miss it in Windows 7.
Running the Telnet Command in the Command Prompt will result in an error message. To enable telnet in Windows 7, follow the below steps.
1. Click Start > Control Panel.
2. In the Control Panel, click on “Programs and Features”. (You need to have the Large or small icons view set in Control Panel).
3. In the left panel of the “Programs and Features” interface, click on “Turn Windows features on or off”.
4. In the list, check the boxs named “Telnet Client” and “Telnet Server”, and click OK.
5. Windows will take some time for the process to complete. Be patient.
6. After the popup vanishes, go ahead and try the telnet command now. It should work. Enjoy messaging in Windows 7!