How to Upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 without Windows Update
By this time you may be aware that Windows 10 is a free upgrade for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 users, of course non-enterprise editions only. And the upgrade is supposed to happen through Windows Update via the Get Windows 10 app and it needed one to reserve Window 10 before the 29th July launch. Don’t worry if you didn’t reserve you are still eligible for free upgrade until 29th July 2016. You can upgrade now using free Windows 10 media tool from Microsoft.
Note that for a free upgrade to Windows 10, your PC should have Windows 7 Service Pack 1 installed. You can find it by going to Control Panel > System.
If you don’t have it installed, download it from Windows Update or from the following link and install it.
1. Depending on your system type (see image above), download the one you need.
2. Run the MediaCreationTool that you downloaded.
3) Select Upgrade this PC now and click Next.
4) The tool will now start downloading Windows 10. Click Next when the download finishes.
5) It will now start creating Windows 10 media. Be patient, it’s going to take sometime.
6) Follow the onscreen instructions and you should see your PC restarts several times and Windows 10 installation begins.
Congratulations on your successful Windows 10 installation!