You can stream music and video from your Windows 10 PC to Xbox One using Play To feature in Xbox One. So before doing anything else it’s important to enable PlayTo on Xbox One.
Enable Play To on Xbox One
By factory settings of Xbox One, Play To comes enabled, however it makes sense to just check it incase someone changed it without your notice!
1. From Xbox Home, press Menu button on controller and go to Settings.
2. In Console Settings, select Preferences.
3. Under Notifications, select Show notifications.
4. In the System & App section, Allow Play To streaming must be checked.
Next step is to add your Xbox One console in Windows 10 devices:
Add Xbox One to Windows 10 Devices
1. On Taskbar click on Action Center icon and click All Settings.
2. In Settings app, click on Devices.
3. Under Connected devices, click Add a device.
4. Windows 10 will now search for Xbox One console on the same network. Make sure your Xbox One is turned ON and it is connected to internet via same network. It is important for your computer and Xbox One to be on same network, for instance connected to internet via same Wi Fi router, else the console will not be found.
5. Select XboxOne (if you have renamed your console, that name will appear here), it gets listed under Other devices. You may close the settings app now.
Stream Music to Xbox One from Windows 10
1. Right-click on the music track which you want to stream, and select Cast to Device > XboxOne.
2. You will see a Player pop-up, you can add more songs and enjoy streaming music!
Stream Video to Xbox One from Windows 10
1. Launch Movies & TV app on your PC. If you have already used this app, you may be aware of how to add your content into this app. Within the app you have to click on Settings > Choose where we look for videos. You can click on + and start adding your videos.
2. Play the video which you want to stream. Click on Cast to Device icon which is the first icon in the Movies & TV player’s user interface and then select your Xbox One console. The video will get streamed to Xbox One.