How to Setup PIN in Windows 10 for Quick Login
PIN is a great way to login to your device faster. If you are an Android or an iPhone user, you might already be using it. One of the biggest advantages of using PIN in addition to password for login is easier to remember as most of us prefer using the same PIN everywhere like for example debit card or your lucky number and things like that.
Windows 10 also gives you the ability to set a PIN for login. The reason I said faster login is because when you use PIN for login, you don’t need to hit enter after keying in the numbers. Just enter 4 digits and Windows takes you to login screen. That’s because PIN is 4 digits always and Windows don’t need to wait for next one. Password can be any size, so you need to hit enter after typing in the password.
1. Login to the Windows using same account for which you want to setup PIN.
2. Type User Accounts in the taskbar search box and click on the User accounts result.
3. Click on “Make changes to my account in PC settings”.
4. Click “Sign-in options” in the left pane and then click “Add” button in the PIN section. Note that your account should have password for ability to add PIN. If PIN button is grayed out, then you probably don’t have password for login!
5. Windows will ask for password to confirm identity.
6. Enter your new 4-digit number which is the PIN number for logging in, for apps, and for services.
7. You are done. Lock your PC now and you will see PIN in the type-in field.