How to Rename your Windows 10 PC
If you have clean installed Windows 10, you might have noticed that Windows 10 named your PC as “DESKTOP-(some characters)”. Normally, this doesn’t bother you and can live with it, but you can always change it to whatever you want.
There are several ways to change the computer name and Full computer name.
1. Click or tap Action Center icon on the taskbar and then click on “All settings”.
2. Click on “System”.
3. Scroll down the Settings menu and click on “About” located at the bottom of the left pane.
4. Click on “Rename” button in the right pane and key-in desired name without space or special characters.
5. Windows will ask for restart. Save all your data, if any and proceed to restart your PC.
6. After restart, your PC will be renamed to the new name.