Since Windows 8.1, things have changed on how we login to Windows. Like Windows 8.1, Windows 10 too encourages users to create a Microsoft account to login to Windows. Though it is great way to keep your account secure and retrieve forgotten password, they are not good for PCs that doesn’t connect to internet 24×7. Local User account is the way to go in such cases. Thankfully, there is a easy way to create a local User account, but it’s kind of not straight forward. Let’s get started.
1. Click on “Action Center” icon on taskbar and then click on “All Settings”.
2. Click on “Accounts”.
3. Click “Family & other users” in the left pane and then click “Add someone else to this PC”.
4. Don’t enter email or phone, instead click “I don’t have this person’s sign-in information”.
5. Now again don’t enter any information, instead click “Add a user without a Microsoft account“.
6. Now you an enter the local user account name, password, and password hint.
7. New Local User Account will get added to the user accounts.